Related Links







Centro de Ayuda 

    Haga clic aquí para ver este sitio en español.
Immigration Resource Directory

Recursos de inmigración
Self help

California Online Self-Help Center  |  Centro de ayuda en línea

Inyo's Self-Help Center & Family Law Facilitator

Services Provided:

Divorce, Legal separation, Establish paternity, Modify child custody and visitation orders, Modify child and spousal support orders, Civil Harassment restraining orders, Guardianships (person only), Residential evictions, Name changes, Small claims, and actions involving the Department of Child Support Services.

Assistance Available By:

Individual appointment, walk-in, telephone, mail and fax.

Reference and Educational Materials:

Checklists for completing and filing court forms, self-help forms, self-help books, computer access to legal forms and programs, local attorney lists, and reference lists for community resources and organizations.

Visiting the Family Law Facilitator

A Family Law Facilitator is an attorney appointed by the Court to assist parents in resolving child support, and health insurance issues that arise when the parents separate. Although the Facilitator can help everyone, priority is given to those parents who can not afford to hire an attorney. If the Facilitator has time, they can help with other family law problems the parents may have.

The Facilitator CAN: explain the Court process to you, mediate disputes about child custody and spousal support, help you prepare for Court, prepare Court Orders after your hearing, refer you to the District Attorney's Family Support Division and other community resources, answer other family law questions that you may have and provide you with information on how to handle the important issues of child support, spousal support, paternity, custody and visitation.

The Facilitator CANNOT: represent you in Court or give you legal advise regarding your particular case.

For your meeting with the Facilitator, you must bring:

  • A copy of any Court documents relating to your case
  • Income and expense information
  • Your last three paycheck stubs, or AFDC invoice
  • A copy of your last tax return
Upon arrival, you will be asked to fill in an Intake Form. If you need to fill out forms to proceed with your case, you may obtain these from the Facilitator. The Facilitator has instructional material that will show you how to fill out these forms.

If you need legal advice, the Facilitator will assist you in finding an attorney to help you.


Contact information

Inyo Legal Self-Help Center
Sharon A. Remley
Director/Family Law Facilitator
314 W. Line Street, Suite D
Bishop, CA 93514

Phone: 760-872-4444

Phone hours:
8:00am to 12:00pm
1:00pm to 4:00pm

Walk-in hours:
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
1:00pm to 4:00 pm


© 2017 Superior Court of the County of Inyo